Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Range

/
2 Comments

The brand that seems to cropping up on celeb Instagrams claiming its great. But how good is it really ?

I bought this a while ago, when there was a 3 for 2 on in Boots. Because believe me this stuff can get expensive.
Somehow they managed to get lost within a draw full of other products, a few months ago where I decided to finally dig them out and give them a go.
With celebs here, there and everywhere promoting this brand, plus having Millie Mackintosh as the first face of the newly cult brand, everyone was raving about it. Now with IT girl of the moment, Kylie Jenner, becoming the new ambassador there's a whole new hype around it.

The whole point in this range is that it contains Gycolic acid to help resurface your skin, acting as a mini at home skin peel.
The Glycolic Fix Range also promises to brighten and cleanse skin, working deep into your pores for a more radiant look. To be perfectly honest it promises ALOT.


'Scrub your skin to perfection with a new breed of facial exfoliator, Glycolic Facial Scrub Fix.
This 3-in-1 micro exfoliant is packed with 3% glycolic acid and salicylic acids to refine, brighten + renew.
Glycolic Fix Facial scrub works deep into pores to cleanse, polish + reduce blemishes from the first use. With a fruity grapefruit scent, it energises + awakens the skin.'

The first time I used this I didn't think we were going to get along at all. The scrubby beads were far too harsh on my skin, leaving it bright red and a little sore. It has tiny little beads, which was uncomfortable and almost sand like on the skin. The formula does lather a little helping the beads buff their way along, I've learnt now that you need to be extra gentle with this, stay well away from your under eye area with this one too!
Even after refining my technique with this one, I still didn't really notice it was doing that much to help improve my skin. My spot scarring was a little reduced, but apart from that there's not much more to say.



Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Cleanser

"I love the glycolic range! I’ve been using the cleanser non-stop". -Kylie Jenner
A deep cleansing, purifying formula for clear + radiant skin.'

I love how tiny the description given for this one is, especially with the main amount of the text being a quote from Kylie herself. Hyping much?
That aside, I liked this product alot more than the scrub. But I still didn't love it.
I've seen a few reviews of this one saying how great it was, but I cant agree. I found this a pretty hit and miss product, sometimes lathering great, other times not at all.
Don't get me wrong it's a nice product to use, also you get your moneys worth with this one. I had being using this morning and night for around four months. As you can see from the picture, there's tons left still. Occasionally after using this, my skin was left feeling a little tight. After using some moisturiser it helped ease that.



Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Pads

“I’m obsessed with these pads that level my skin so clean!’ -Kylie Jenner
Unveil younger-looking skin with our innovative Glycol Fix. 60 radiance-boosting pads, soaked in exfoliating glycolic acid (2.8%) retexture + resurface skin whilst witch hazel helps to tone. This moisturising formula with hyaluronic acid + soothing blue daisy helps to reveal brighter + smoother looking skin."

Out of all three products I've tried, this is the one I actually loved using.
I used this morning and night, after using the cleanser and before moisturising. These little pads are slightly textured to help exfoliate, and every single one of them - even the last - is soaked with the formula. Just make sure you keep the lid screwed on tight! They helped dry any spots I did have out, and also helped to reduce the amount of blemishes I was getting. I stopped using the other products from the range before these, I found they worked really well even when by themselves. Plus they helped to relive the tightness after using the Cleanser. I love a good smelling product, and these don't disappoint on that level either. Leaving you feeling pretty refreshed with a light not not overpowering fake scent.


Is it any good? To be honest I feel like I totally bought into the hype on this one. Admittedly, this is something I do fall for alot. But I actually thought this was going to be worth it, with so many celebs behind it and it being a really good brand that I'd always wanted to try.

Recommend it? If you already have pretty perfect skin but just want a little something else, then this is probably the product for you. But, if like me, you're on the quest to get that perfect skin - maybe not. I found it to be pretty drying, and didn't make a whole lot of difference.



You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Definitely need to try this out! Looks great and I love Glycolic acid in products! Does wonders to my skin!

    Gianni xx
    www.giannic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.