Glossybox June 2014

/
0 Comments

I have a rolling subscription to Glossybox yet somehow every month nearly (well the past few months) I seem to have neglected doing a review on here. The blame is mainly due to me getting over excited ripping it open and using all the products for about a day then putting them into my draw and forgetting about them - resulting in me having a draw full of products I have no idea how to use properly or don't need at all !

Can you tell I've been having a spring clean recently to discover said draw?
Back on subject lets have a peak inside ...





Got2be Rise 'n Shine SoufflĂ©  
RRP 3.00GBP

Lets just start by saying this stuff smells pretty darn nice! With it being jasmine infused it has light floral scent but nothing too overpowering as you are putting this in your hair after all. The product both looks and feels a little like Angel Delight. It has a mousse consistency similar too the Dream Matte Mouse Foundations (yes I am aware I'm comparing a hair product to a foundation just go with it) but when you rubbed between your fingers it turns into a much more pleasing creamy lightweight formula. I'm yet to use this as I have the most unruly frizzy hair already, the last thing it needs is more volume - think Monica in Barbados and you get the idea. However that once in a blue moon when I straighten my hair I think this will be ideal to give a little volume to stop it from looking to flat. I'll keep you posted.




Teeez Trend Cosmetics - Beautiful Flat Stiff Brush
RRP 19EURO

The packaging of this brand is ah-mazing. I mean just look at it - pink flamingos yes please!
I've been eyeing up some of the Real Techniques eye brush sets for a while now but can just never justify paying the money for make up brushes. I love it when Glossybox seem to be reading my mind and send me a product I actually need. It's a great little brush and ideal for both powder and cream eye-shadows and is made from natural hair and it really soft - which does make me think it will be better with powder rather than creamy shadows but you never know! It's also a pretty dense brush meaning you should get great coverage with it.




Nailgirls 3-in-1 Base/Topcoat/Nail Straghthener
RRP 13.50GBP

This new release from Nailgirls is a crafty little multitasker. Covering basically all of our nail maintenance needs in one little bottle. At £13.50 it is a little pricey but the one pictured is only a sample size 100ml with the full size being 15ml. It has a great thick consistency which dries surprisingly fast. I can vouch for the nail straightening claim after picking prices off cards at work for an hour or so and no breakages. Just have to see how it helps my nail varnish hold up against said pesky price labels.







So Susan Cosmetics - Concealer Quad
RRP 16.25GBP

I think there's some sort of theme here of Glossybox picking great products which also have great packaging - and I am a sucker for great packaging. So chic.
Back on topic this little Quad pallet had me baffled when I fist opened it, even at almost 21 I'm a newbie at concealer having just purchased my first ever one this year. After a little research on the trusty internet I can say I can confidently sit down, grab a make up brush and give it a go. The results however may not be great. You are faced with 4 colours ranging from a white, peachy pink, peachy neutral and a dark brown. Said colours can be mixed together to create your very own custom colours therefore the Quad being suitable for anyone and able to use just about everywhere on your face to cover just about anything you need too. It's been formulated with virgin marula oil to help "replenish chapped dry skins" but is also suitable for oily skins.




Roger & Gallet - Fleur de Figuier discovery ritual (shower cream, body lotion and eau fraiche fragrance)
RRP Eau Fraiche 32GBP
RRP Body Lotion 13GBP
RRP Shower Cream 9.50GBP

I can tell you now the name of this product is probably going to be longer than what I'm going to write about it. I'm a little disappointed in this as I saw other people get much better products in place of this one. But without dwelling on that it is a nice fragrance really fruity to the point of almost moth watering but then a softer more floral scent mixed in with a little coconut maybe?
Definitely a nice fragrance for a summer day I'll give it that.


Did you get that better product in your Glossybox I was talking about?




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.