National Lipstick Day

/
0 Comments

A good 'ol Spring clean of your room always seems to cause once loved and sometimes forgotten about purchases to resurface. With it being National Lipstick Day I thought I would dedicate a post to some of my new and forgotten favourites.
*Yes i am aware my rooms spring clean is a little late as were now technically into summer.


Every girl has her favourites, and mostly it always seems to be MAC. I mean with that many finishes, colours and those pesky Limited Edition shades, there's something for everyone to get hooked on.

I'm pretty sure fellow make up hoarders lovers remember there first purchase. Mine, shades Ruby Woo and Please Me. I remember mainly because I dragged my poor boyfriend from shop to shop around Liverpool on the hunt for Please Me which was sold out everywhere.



Please Me - Muted-Rosy-tinted pink // Matte
Ruby Woo - Vivid blue red // Matte
A girl should always have a go to red and pink and I now had mine.
But then after some late night browsing - were all guilty of it - I came across Lady Danger.
Another red from MAC, yes I had just purchased a red, and I mean how different could two red lipsticks be? Very is the answer to that. You see Ruby Woo is a 'vivid, blue red' Lady Danger however is a 'vivid, coral red' very different as you can see. Well that's what I kept telling my boyfriend (and myself) I was now the very happy owner of three pretty, usable shades.

Lady Danger - Vivid coral red // Matte
Much to my bank balances dismay it didn't stop there. The one thing every girl and probably her boyfriend knows is that MAC love to release Limited Edition ranges, leaving us all oohing and ahhing over the new colours we just have to have. My first was part of the Novel Romance release, Yield To Love, and it was love at first swatch, not too plummy yet not too pinky at the same time. I had an opening in my collection and this was going to fill it.
Still not yet content with my now four lipsticks the whole Lorde wave was upon us, prompting the release of  Pure Heroine. MAC already had Heroine on their books but this was something different, slightly darker and with more depth too it. In my eyes the perfect night out lipstick. I know what your thinking 'an amplified finish on a night out? Surely there will be more on your glass than your lips!' Yes it does transfer a lot easier than the matte ones, but this stains your lips slightly therefore giving the allusion it is actually still there.
Yield To Love (LE) - Mid tone rose // Cremesheen
Pure Heroine (LE) - Deep plum // Amplified
Last but not least, one of the biggest hyped over releases. The Cinderella collection. Their wasn't a girl on Instagram, Twitter or friend I didn't know who wasn't waiting to get there hands on at least one thing from the collection. For me, lipstick is my thing and that was what I needed.
I managed to get my hands on Royal Ball. everyone who got something from this collection knew it was love at first sight. I mean just look it at - perfectly princessy - everything about this lipstick is pretty perfect; apart from the actual lipstick. Yes its a pretty colour, yes its everything I wanted it to be - so why is the colour pay of so darn bad! Don't get me wrong I can make it work, it looks nice over another lipstick of even lip liner but it just didn't live up to my expectations.
Saying all that I cannot and will not part with it, the small girl in me is too in love with it.


Royal Ball  (LE) - Nude pink // Frost
 So there you have it, a small round up of my ever expanding MAC lipstick collection ....




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.