My Kylie Jenner Lip - With No MAC In Sight

/
0 Comments



So after trying to contour like Kim, and doing my lips like Kylie that totally makes me a Kardashian now right? We've seen almost every nude MAC lipstick/liner combo being hailed as the way to do it, but I do it a little different.

Apart from the obvious reasons the Kardashian/Jenner clan are pretty darn famous, and more recently for being pretty big make-up trend setters.
For the best part of last year, all we could talk about was how Kendal had made it onto the runways (and not for the right reasons according to some of the seasoned models), and just how had Kylie achieved her pouty lips. Was it surgery, or as she claimed, some good make up skills in lip liner?
Our trusted agony aunts of make up Pixiwoo of course showed us how to do it, and with Kim telling said Pixiwoo, that it was down to nothing more than Kylie, similiy filling  in her whole lips with nothing but lip liner. Of course, meaning we were all out grabbing every nude liner at the nearest MAC counter.



After seeing so many people, both lovers and haters of the Kardashian/Jenner's, getting on board with the whole craze I thought I'd give it a go. Instead, using products I already owned. Basically a budget way to do it, I'd seen so many people falling for buying Velvet Teddy etc, only to be disappointed by the results. That and the fact it was just an unbelievably hard colour to match to your skin tone.

Soap and Glory Marvelips                                              Model Co. Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner
At first, looking at the colour of the lip liner compared to the lip crayon, you'll be thinking 'well this aint gonna work'. Yes the liner is more brown toned, but the colour has been formulated to match pretty much all lip colours, basically creates a clean slate for you to work off. Formula wise, this is great, I use it to make my lips look fuller, simply by drawing just outside my natural lip line with it, and then fill in my lip. Ontop of this I add the Marvelips, which is slightly more pink toned. With it paired over the top of the liner it creates, pretty much, the perfect nude tone for my skin.

Both the products are packed with stuff to keep your lips from drying out, basically lots of Shea Butter. Plus, theyre both matte which I love. More to the point, aside from it being a total 'Kylie" lip, I love this combo and is now my go to lip for everyday.

Do you have you're own fave combo to cheat the Kylie lip?




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.