Seventeen Define And Conquer Contour Kit

/
0 Comments


If you saw my post earlier this week you'll of seen that I managed to pick up a pretty good dupe of a brow-zings kit, as there was a buy-one-get-one-half-price offer on it would be rude not too right?

I love how I try to justify everything I buy for the basic need to review it on my blog. Most of these purchases don't even make it onto here, let alone see the light of day again.
But this baby is going to be staying in my make up bag.

If, like me, you're an avid reader of blogs you'll see contour kits pop up here there and everywhere, with the explosion of the Kardashian family were all trying to get those Kylie Jenner lips, but most of all follow in the footsteps of Kim - aka. the Queen of contour.

Charlotte Tilbury seems to have arrived on the scene and set her place in stone. Towards the end of last year nearly every product I saw mentioned was one by hers, and the amount of 'Best of '14' post with her name mentioned was practically all of them.

Yet to get my hands on any of her iconic stuff (meaning when I actually get somewhere to try some stuff out - there is nothing good where I live!) the main product I'd love to try is the Filmstar Bronze and Glow. So bought this in the hope it would bring my cheekbones and radiance.


Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit

Yes, annoyingly when I took the little plastic protector off i managed to scratch all the way down the contour section.
The packaging of this is better than I thought, pretty sturdy and will put up with being shot in a make up bag. Plus, slightly has a look of Nars packaging don't you think?




Whats In It, you get a light and dark powder. The light one designed to highlight, and the darker to contour. You don't get a brush with this one, honestly I think this is a good thing. Normally you're supplied with a less than adequate excuse of a brush that I normally end up either loosing, or breaking.

What To Do, I use my Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply the contour powder, basically where the hollow of my cheeks are and around my temples. If I'm going the whole hog and doing my make up for a night out, I do use it how the little cheat sheet says - adding it down my nose and along my jaw line. But personally it's a little too much effort just for my day to day make up! After I've got all that sorted (and looking slightly scary) I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and buff buff buff. Now this is the key to a good contour, you basically have to make it look like it's real by making sure you've blended all the product in, so you're not left with any harsh lines making it obvious.
After all that hard work buffing ( I use a smaller brush for this) apply your highlight powder. Using it on my forehead and down my nose I do actually notice I look a little more radiant. It suggests using it along the tops of my cheekbones but I find this doesn't have any shimmer what so ever really, and can leave me looking a little washed out. 

Is It Any Good?  I actually really like this product. It's straight forward to use, with the cheat sheet again and, the pigment of the contour is really good. Most importantly of all I find it lasts all day and can be blended well. The only downfall is the highlighter, it's basically just a white powder - no shimmer, no nothing. 

Recommend It ? I would and wouldn't. Indecisive I know! I think if you're really into your high end contour palettes, and already use one, you might be slightly disappointed. Plus they currently only offer it in two colour choices, fair and medium. This one is fair, but if you have slightly paler skin than me I think it would just be too hard to use and maybe come out far too orange on the skin.
However if you're just wanting to try it out, or this type of product, go for it. It's only £5.99, plus the buy-one-get-one-half-price is still on.


Are you a contour lover? Going to give this a try?



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.