Seventeen Brows That Kit

/
0 Comments

An awkward hour wait after I finish work to go home always ends up in purchases from Boots. With there constant 3 for 2 deals and snazzy packaging I'm an easy target.
This was bought on a complete whim, was it worth it?

If your a brow gal like me - and most of the female population - you'll know the upkeep can be expensive. With products being pushed at us here there and everywhere, and a new type of brow tamer-filler-iner being released all the time (yes you Benefit) it can be a little overwhelming knowing A) where to start and B) if it's worth the money.

About two years back now I got my first Benefit Brow Zings and loved it, I used it every day religiously. After that much use, obviously, I started to run out. 
(Annoyingly just the wax - I've still got loads of the powder left god only knows how)
So for about a year and a half I've been dabbling in other products to get me some good brows.

Seventeen Brows That Brow Kit 

When I saw this on the shelf I noticed how similar the layout of the product was to the benefit one, after a little swatch it seemed pretty pigmented and for £5.99 thought 'why the hell not'.

Basically I bought this hoping it would be a good dupe for the Brow Zings because not everyone can afford to shell out £24.50 every 5 months or so! 


Whats In It, so you get pretty much everything you'd need. A wax, pigmented powder, highlighter, brush, brow pencil and a little cheat sheet.
The little cheat sheet is great if you're new to this whole thing, knowing where to start with your brows, let alone applying it can be tricky.

What To Do, first of all you need to know what look you're going for with your brows, but rule no.1 - don't over do it.
Start of by filling in any gaps with the pencil, its pretty pigmented and glides on better than I expected, so only tiny little strokes are needed. Then, with the wax, kind of follow your eyebrow shape but you can create some definition where you want it with this - creating a better arch for yourself etc. On top of the wax (with the other side of the brush) add the powder. Finally, with your fingertip dab a little of the highlighter along your brow bone. VoilĂ .

Is It Any Good?  In one word, yes. I was wrong about the pigmentation, as I'm writing this I just had a little glance in the mirror, after being at work, and 6 hours later they're still going strong! No smudging and none appears to have disappeared. 

Recommend It ? I mean I'm not claiming it to be better than the Brow Zings, but if you're on a budget, just starting out on your brows or make up altogether this is a great budget buy to add to your stash. The layout of the pallet and especially the brush seems to of been modelled around the Benefit pallet. 


Are you a lover of Brow Zings and thinking about trying this out?



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.